Inmate visitation will be as follows:
Visitation days and times are set by first letter of the last name.
Wednesday through Sunday A - L 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
M - Z 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
All female inmates visitation
Wednesday through Sunday
3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Each inmate will be allowed one hour during the scheduled time period. That is 20 minutes per scheduled hour.
Each inmate will only be brought down three times during his/her schdeduled visitation period.
Children will be allowed visitation on the third Sunday only.
Traveling distance is not a consideration.
This service is specifically designed for facilities with less than 200 residents. Swanson will provide our state of the art Banker software to clients in need of a true trust-fund accounting software. Orders are transmitted via phone modem or over the internet to one of our 22 conveniently located Service Centers.
Orders are processed and shipped common carrier or by one of Swanson secure trucks the same day the orders are received. Specialized programs, like SwanPAK's™, are offered to increase your sales and meet the needs of all your residents on off-commissary days. We have a No Back-Order, No Substitution policy.
Cell Phone Policy
Please be advised!!!
Do not take your cell phones or camera phones inside visitation!!!! If you are caught doing so, thier is a possibility you can be charged with a crime!!
All inmates in the Lowndes County Detention Facility may have access to the services of the United States Postal Service. The following rtules pertain to mail service:
1. There shall be no censorship of incoming or outgoing U.S. Mail.
2. There is no limit on the number of letters an inmate can recieve.
3. All mail, both incoming and outgoing, shall be inspected by jail authorities for contraband.
4. Each inmate has the right to correspond with consul of his/her choice, public officials, or courts without having his/her correspondence read. However, any such correspondance may opened in the presence of the inmate and inspected for contraband.
5. Each inmate, will be requested his/her, expect for official correspondences as defined in #4 above, Mail received for inmates who refuses to sign the declaration will be refused and retuned to the united states postal servcie.
6.All outgoing and incoming mail must go through the jail staff membet on duty at that time the correspondence is received or sent out. Other inmates, visitors, attorneys, ministers, or others person's may not act as conduits for mail.